views


Great news to all Nokia 5800 XpressMusic fans and users, now we are getting a new firmware update! ~ Hooray!! ;D


According to DailyMobile blog, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic device finally receives a new firmware update, v40.0.005!

But, how to update? The new firmware can be downloaded via NSU (Nokia Software Updater, which is included in the PC Suite or the new Nokia OVI Suite) or via the OTA (Over The Air, by going at Settings, Phone, Phone mgmt., Device updates, Options, Check for updates).

As far as I'm concerned, the new firmware is not available yet via OTA here in Malaysia, but you can download it via PC Suite or Nokia OVI Suite.

Currently, I'm trying to download the new firmware at my Nokia 5800, but I can't confirm about the details of the changelog yet. I will update it in this blog soon (hopefully, fingers crossed). ^_^

Check out the screenshot below:

Click image for a bigger view


Get the installers for PC Suite here and for Nokia OVI Suite here.